Monday, August 23, 2010

Lemon Migration


























I think I had a breakthrough! Although . . . I'm often initially 
enamored when I start working in a new way, then the inevitable 
doubt sets in. This morning, I took to heart the quote I posted yesterday 
and figured out a goal for this little guy . . . I wanted the yellows to sort 
of cascade and create movement. I prepared my tools like a zen calligrapher, 
cleared my mind of everything else, took a deep breath and tried to 
channel my inner Carol Marine. :-) I used loads of paint, laid down a stroke 
and wasn't even tempted to massage it or blend it. It felt soooo good. 
The title strikes me as inspired but if I accidentally stole it . . . :-( 



1 comment:

kaitlin moore said...

I love this one! I really like how bold the colors are! Almost looks dark and mysterious, but I want to dive into that red!