Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Betsy's Barn



















When looking at a scene my immediate response is to try to replicate
it so I've been conscious the past few months of using mark-making
to explore and let a scene build up sort of on its own. The panoramic
scenes are easier now but once there's a dominant subject, I tend to
do a "portrait" of it and forget the marks so with this, I tried to obliterate
boundaries and edges. It still feels awkward but as always . . . it's
about getting "there" even if you don't quite make it.

3 comments:

maalari ja piirtäjä said...

Hei Lorraine, upea maalaus, seuraan jatkossa töitäsi

hmuxo said...

This is wonderful, Lorraine!!.. Something about these barns that I love!!!
A FAVORITE!!!!

Carol Flatt said...

Wonderful, Lorraine! Your paintings of this area reflect such a peaceful solitude. I can imagine the wide open spaces give a real sense of that.